-Rashid, 11th grade
I find myself saying to Christians who seek a devotional pilgrimage to the Holy Land: Yes! Go! Walk where Jesus walked! For you will not only walk where he walked but you will see what he saw. You will see land taken through illegal laws and the tread of soldier’s boots. You will see the attempt to destroy community and family through the taking of farms and the destruction of village life. But you will also see nonviolent resistance: in demonstrations against the separation wall, in families of Palestinians and Jews who have lost children to the conflict coming together and refusing to be enemies, and in farmers who refuse to abandon their land, even as the walls go up, the restrictions on movement tighten, and the everyday harassment and violence against them intensifies. -excerpt from "Rededicating the Temple: A Hanukah Homily," Mondoweiss, posted on 11 Dec 09

3 comments:
Hi! I forgot we had a mutual friend :) I can't reply to your email because it's hidden, but of course you can borrow my pattern! I'll dig it out. My email is penelopey4 (at) yahoo dot com, so you can contact me that way and arrange to meet :)
Oh good, it looks like you may have found someone else who has the pattern, because I'm not one of those patient people who trace the pattern first to preserve it. My pattern is all cut up and so I was worried that it wouldn't do you any good anyway!
:) thanks, carolyn!
and both of you, i don't update this blog unless i'm traveling. try for chotapeeleeauto.blogspot.com instead.
Post a Comment